Show some love for KZN
Beyond our iconic resort lies an incredibly beautiful province, where you will meet warm and kind hearted locals
Known as the Kingdom of the Zulu, KwaZulu Natal is a melting pot of African, European and Indian cultures. This province boasts two World Heritage Sites, the Greater St Lucia Wetland Park and the majestic Ukhahlamba-Drakensberg Park.
Willard Beach (15 min drive – 8 km)
The long promenade is a hotspot and very popular for walks. This beach has lifeguards on duty and shark nets, so it’s fantastic for swimming, bodyboarding, stand-up paddling, SCUBA diving, and snorkelling too.
Thompson’s Bay (20 min – 11 km)
has a tidal pool. Ice-cream vendors are often on the beach, but there are no restaurants within walking distance, so visitors needs to bring their own
Salt Rock Beach (17 min – 13 km)
Known for its idyllic palm trees, white sand, and warm turquoise waters. Salt Rock Beach is a fantastic choice for families and those that want to cool off in the temperate waters of the Dolphin Coast, thanks to shark nets and lifeguards on the beach. The reefs just off Salt Rock Beach are alive with marine animals and fascinating plant life. Snorkelers can bring their gear and dip just below the water’s surface. Qualified SCUBA divers can also head into the deeper waters and see what awaits them.
Fun knows no bounds when in KZN just pick your adventure. Whether you choose to explore Durban or the province, there are so many thrills and activities waiting to be ticked off.
- Adventure Valley Ziplining
- Tree Trails Obstacle Course
- Tidal Tao Snorkeling Safari
- Crocodile Creek
- Holla Trails – Mountain Bike and Running
- Northern Arms and Ammunition – Shooting Range
- Ballito Ski Park – Outdoor Activities
- Ace Karting (Ballito Junction) – Go Kart Racing
- 22 Jump Street (Ballito Junction) – Indoor Activities
- Phezulu Safari – Safari Drives and Reptile Park
- Sugar Rush Park – Fun for the whole family
- Oaklands Equestrian Estate – Horse Riding
- uShaka Marine World – Theme Park
Plenty of options nearby, with most staying open later during peak seasons.
Chat to us about specialty stores, or check out these two malls close by: Ballito Junction and Ballito Lifestyle Centre